- The Pichi Richi Railway began in 1878 as Port Augusta and Government Gums Railway. Quorn became the cross-roads when travelling north to south, or east to west across Australia. During the WWII almost 200,000 Australian troops travelled north through Quorn on the Central Australia Railway when the Quorn CWA - Country Womens' Association served over 1,000,000 meals to troops.
- Pichi Richi Railway's unique and iconic "Coffee Pot" formally known as South Australian Railways Steam Motor Coach No.1, is the last one in the world. Lovingly and authentically restored by the PRR volunteers it's now back on the rails and so worth seeing, the outside is really interesting but the interior of this train is just magnificent.
Steam Motor Coach No. 1 (known as The Coffee Pot) at Quorn station.
- PRR Railway Workshop guided tours are available and very interesting. Book at the Flinders Ranges Visitors Information Centre, Quorn Railway Station, Railway Terrace.
- Self-guided walking tours: 1) Historic Town Walk highlighting the beautiful and interesting buildings in Quorn 2) Quorn Railway Station and Station Yard 3) Dutchman's Stern Walking Trail 4) Warren Gorge Walking Trail (walks 3 & 4 reprinted courtesy of Quorn Mercury) ; 5) Quorn Foothill Flora walk (Native Flora Reserve)
- Powell arid flora gardens: just 880 metres from the SBSA, with more than 200 local plant species growing in this climate of extremes; biodiverse rich gems from Quorn and surrounds. More info : ABC Gardening Australia program
- Originally known as RW Foster's Great Northern Emporium, you can see a wonderful display of shopping history. Emily's Bistro offers a unique doing experience.
- Quorn and District War Memorial Swimming Pool: extensively renovated in 2015. The Visitor Information Centre can provide opening hours or check the sign at the pool entry.
- Magnificent scenery: Quorn and surrounds, renowned for its breathtaking scenery, featured in many movies and TV shows, including THE SUNDOWNERS, THE WATER DIVINER, THE SHIRALEE, WOLF CREEK series. For more info ABC TV.
- Quorn Movies: mostly screening monthly - Flinders Flicks
- Quorn Produce and Craft Markets held monthly
- January 26: Australia Day celebrations (see Flinders Ranges Council website)
- March 2019: Quorn Bronco Branding
- April 19, 2019: Easter weekend special rail events at the Pichi Richi Railway
- April 25: ANZAC Day - refer to PRR website for special commemorative events
- May 16 - 19, 2019: Quorn Country Music Muster
- May, second Sunday - Mothers Day - check PRR website for that special train trip for Mum and the family
- June 2, 2019: Quorn Men's Open Golf Tournament
- June 10, 2019: Queens Birthday long weekend
- June 30, 2019: Pichi Richi Marathon
- August 10, 2019: Rally of the Ranges
- August: Quorn Jockey Club
- September 22, 2019: Quorn Agricultural Show
- September: Fathers Day: refer to PRR website for special railway events
- September 7 to October 7, 2019: A Brush With Art
- October 7: SA Labor Day weekend
Diary events may change without notice. For additional information, please refer to the FRC diary of events.
Return to Home Page